The highly-anticipated Final Fantasy XIV announcement livestream – the first in the game’s history – finally landed in the early hours of this morning (GMT), and it certainly delivered. With a characteristically dazzling trailer that we’ve all come to expect from the Final Fantasy series, the latest expansion was announced as Endwalker – a brand new chapter that marks the culmination of A Realm Reborn’s lengthy story-arc.
But, of course, with all the pomp and ceremony that surrounded the big reveal, the expansion wasn’t all that was offered up to eager fans. Following the calls from players to bolster the ranks of the Healers, a new Sage job was revealed, sporting weapons that can only be described as telekinetically-controlled daggers. Seems a little unfair, when you think about it.
Endwalker and its abundance of new content is slated for release in Autumn 2021 and here’s what else in store:
- New Areas including Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald and the Moon
- New Jobs, including the Sage
- Level cap increase from 80 to 90
- The Beast Tribe of the Arkasodara
- New Dungeons
- New High-Difficulty Raid: Pandæmonium
- Secrets Revealed in a New Alliance Raid Series
- New small-scale PvP content
- An additional “Trust” System ally: Einstein Wyrmblood
- A New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crafting Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System
So, needless to say, there’s plenty of bang for your gil.
The good news continued for next-gen console players (a.k.a. ‘the lucky ones’) as it was announced that FFXIV would launch into open beta on PlayStation 5 on 13th April 2021 with improved frame rates, faster load times, 4K resolution support and more.
Plus, the digital party will continue from 15th – 16th May for the Final Fantasy XIV Digital Fan Festival 2021 where more information on Endwalker is set to be unveiled – so save the date. To immerse yourself in more Endwalker goodness in the meantime, however, why not swing by the teaser site where you can find the glitzy trailer and a little more info on the fourth FFXIV expansion.
MMOGames.com is committed to bringing you all the freshest, funniest, and most insightful MMO news. If you enjoyed this content, why not share it with your community? And make sure that you never miss our updates and exclusive giveaways by following and favouriting us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.