A new patch has arrived for Final Fantasy XIV Online and, like most things in Final Fantasy, it’s a big one. Entitled Futures Rewritten, the free patch features brand new quests, dungeons, trials, game modes and gameplay upgrades; enough bang for non-existent buck to make this update look more like an add-on.
The main additions to Patch 5.4 include:
- New main Scenario Quests – centring around the Scions as they return to the Source now that the fate of the First is secured.
- The third chapter of Eden’s Promise, the 8-player raid series continues the storyline of Ryne and her mysterious counterpart, Gaia, and is set to feature a new boss designed by Kingdom Hearts director and Final Fantasy series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow Of Werlyt updates – Players continue their attempt to thwart the Empire’s warmachina development project alongside Gaius after vanquishing the Sapphire Weapon.
- A New Trial: Castrum Marinum – It falls to Warriors of Light to spearhead a strike against the warmachina codenamed “Emerald”.
- A New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can explore the former workshop of the Archon Matoya alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters via the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial: The Navel (Unreal) – A new challenge and chance to earn unique prizes for players at level 80 in the form of a powered-up version of an existing primal Titan.
- Explorer Mode – A new gameplay mode designed to nurture your inner photographer, allowing players to take screenshots within the Shadowbringers dungeons without the fear of photobombing enemies. Players can also summon mounts and minions to add some extra flair to their shots.
- Two New Fishing Routes – added to the Black Shroud and Dravania regions, alongside other fishing-related updates.
These are just a few of the new additions to Final Fantasy XIV Online, so to discover all the nitty gritty details of the Futures Rewritten patch including performance updates, swing by the official patch website.
MMOGames.com is committed to bringing you all the freshest, funniest, and most insightful MMO news. If you enjoyed this content, why not share it with your community? And make sure that you never miss our updates and exclusive giveaways by following and favouriting us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.